Mala Making & Meditation – Day Retreat
About This Workshop:
- Next Date: Saturday, November 11, 2023
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Instructor: Julie
We are told meditation is good for us, and many of us attempt to sit in stillness and train our minds BUT instead, we finish our grocery lists, have future discussions in our head and most likely, end up less calm than when we began. Then we berate ourselves for not being able to find peace within …..exactly the opposite effect we want to accomplish when we practice. Fortunately for us, there are so many ways to meditate and welcome the quiet within that beckons us daily. Using a mala (108 bead necklace) for meditation is an age-old practice, Japa mala. This practice of mantra recitation is most amenable to people who find it impossible to still their beautiful busy minds. It is also a wonderful way to create positive resonance within and out. Come join us for a fun day of meditation (yes we said that!) and malamaking. Lunch is included! On this joyful day we will:
- Discuss the history of malas, mantras, affirmation and Japa mala.
- Engage in a playful discussion regarding the energies of the 12 semi precious gemstone beads carefully curated for this day.
- Spend the rest of the day communing, designing, knotting, laughing and embracing all the emotions that arise making our malas together.
- Complete our malas with silk tassels and close the day using our malas practicing Japa mala.
You will leave with a gentle smile in your heart and a gorgeous piece of sacred jewellery lovingly crafted by you that defines your commitment to seeking the quiet within. Give your meditation practice and you another chance….it will be a day well spent.
- Fee: $150 (includes HST) ~ includes 12 crystals
Please email email@example.com to register or with any additional questions regarding this workshop.
FULLY BOOKED – you can email us to go onto a waitlist in case there are any cancellations.
More About Julie:
Julie of Intentional Joules will facilitate this adventure. Julie has spent the last 8 years creating malas and teaching others to do the same. She is a Yoga Teacher, Reiki Master Teacher and spent many years learning about and respecting the properties of crystals in the healing arts, finally becoming a Crystal Master Therapist. But her greatest claim to fame is her ability to fix any wayward knot and ‘oops’ (because she’s made them all!). www.intentionaljoules.com